Broccoli Turkey Casserole
I've served this hearty casserole for after-Christmas luncheons, and everyone always asks for the recipe! —Muriel Shand, Isanti, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in the turkey, broccoli, soups and rice; transfer to a greased
- shallow 2-1/2 qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese and french-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer
- or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 344 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.