- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the turkey, broccoli, soups and rice; transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2 qt. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese and French-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Sprinkle cheese and French-fried onions over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Turkey Casserole
Sort By :
"I used leftover turkey to make this casserole. This was easy to make and delicous! My husband loved it as well. I will definitely make this again."
"Very good simple recipe. I used left over roast chicken and made half the recipe using only one can of cream of chicken. My 1 and 2 year olds liked it too."
"We loved it. Used cheddar cheese, more tangy. I put garlic in anything that calls for onions and celery sautéed in butter! It was easy and very good for a winters night."
"What a great way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers!I've made this several times both with turkey and leftover cooked chicken and found it to be delicious. As I do with most Taste of Home recipes, I made some changes to up the flavor factor.I make the follow changes:I add several cloves of chopped garlic to the onion and celery. I either use two cans of health request cream of chicken or 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can cream of broccoli. I use brown rice and stir in 1/4 - 1/2 cup cheddar, monterey jack, or mozzarella cheese. I try to only use 1/2 the can of french-fried onions and add another 1/2 cup of cheese on top."