I've served this hearty casserole for after-Christmas luncheons, and everyone always asks for the recipe! —Muriel Shand, Isanti, Minnesota
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the turkey, broccoli, soups and rice; transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2 qt. baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese and French-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Sprinkle cheese and French-fried onions over unbaked casserole. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Turkey Casserole in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p16
Reviews for Broccoli Turkey Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review