- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the turkey, broccoli, soups and rice; transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2 qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese and french-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Turkey Casserole(7)
Sort By :
We loved it. Used cheddar cheese, more tangy. I put garlic in anything that calls for onions and celery sautéed in butter! It was easy and very good for a winters night.
What a great way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers!
I've made this several times both with turkey and leftover cooked chicken and found it to be delicious. As I do with most Taste of Home recipes, I made some changes to up the flavor factor.
I make the follow changes:
I add several cloves of chopped garlic to the onion and celery. I either use two cans of health request cream of chicken or 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can cream of broccoli. I use brown rice and stir in 1/4 - 1/2 cup cheddar, monterey jack, or mozzarella cheese. I try to only use 1/2 the can of french-fried onions and add another 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
Nice basic recipe you can substitute any vegetable or meat combination. I added chicken broth and milk for creaminess and pit cheeses into the casserole as well as on top and substituted crushed croutons for fried onions.
Delicious! I didn't change a thing. Quick and easy on a weekday night.
very good, my husband raved and my picky two year old asked for seconds! i will definitely make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Broccoli Casserole >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Turkey Breasts >
- Turkey Casserole >