- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the turkey, broccoli, soups and rice; transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2 qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese and french-fried onions; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Turkey Casserole(6)
Sort By :
What a great way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers!
I've made this several times both with turkey and leftover cooked chicken and found it to be delicious. As I do with most Taste of Home recipes, I made some changes to up the flavor factor.
I make the follow changes:
I add several cloves of chopped garlic to the onion and celery. I either use two cans of health request cream of chicken or 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can cream of broccoli. I use brown rice and stir in 1/4 - 1/2 cup cheddar, monterey jack, or mozzarella cheese. I try to only use 1/2 the can of french-fried onions and add another 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
Nice basic recipe you can substitute any vegetable or meat combination. I added chicken broth and milk for creaminess and pit cheeses into the casserole as well as on top and substituted crushed croutons for fried onions.
Delicious! I didn't change a thing. Quick and easy on a weekday night.
very good, my husband raved and my picky two year old asked for seconds! i will definitely make this again.
Definitely tasty. Used fresh broccoli for it, which works fine. Has room to add more of the onion and celery, so don't be afraid to cut another slice and stalk.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Broccoli Casserole >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Turkey Breasts >
- Turkey Casserole >