- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, drained
- Unroll crescent roll dough into one long rectangle; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations; press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides. Sprinkle with cheese and broccoli.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, soup, mayonnaise, onion powder and dill. Stir in tuna and pimientos; pour over broccoli.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Broccoli Tuna Squares
"The original recipe (which I used) called for a 10 oz pkg frozen chopped broccoli and 3 eggs. It turned out wonderful, except it took 1 hr to bake so that a knife inserted near the center came out clean. It was so tasty!"
"I'm not a huge fan of tuna, but this recipe I like pretty well because it mutes the tuna taste pretty effectively. I used CoJack cheese."
"My whole family has asked me to make this casserole again, and again.The only thing I did different was to leave out the pimentos."