Broccoli Tuna Bake
I remember the day I rushed home from school with this recipe in hand from my home economics class. My parents loved it then, and my husband and son do now. This recipe comes to mind on a busy evening, when I need a good quick meal.—Pamela Tesoriero, Etiwanda, California
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) white water-packed tuna, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and lemon juice. Stir in
- tuna, rice and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 10-in. pie plate or quiche dish. Bake,
- uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes. Top with broccoli; sprinkle
- with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 225 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 674 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.