Broccoli Tortellini Salad Recipe
"This tried-and-true salad is simple to toss together and convenient since you make it ahead," reports May Sisk Hazlet, New Jersey. "Now that my husband and I are retired, we travel a lot and enjoy having more time for family and hobbies."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 3-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine viengar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse in cold water; drain. Place carrots in a steamer basket over 1 in of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes. Add broccoli; steam 4-5 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain. In a large bowl, combine tortellini, carrots, broccoli and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 262 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 532 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC