- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 3-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine viengar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse in cold water; drain. Place carrots in a steamer basket over 1 in of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes. Add broccoli; steam 4-5 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain. In a large bowl, combine tortellini, carrots, broccoli and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Tortellini Salad
Sort By :
"The dressing for this salad is excellent. I used the dry herbs. I didn't bother cooking the broccoli and carrot as I like the crunch."
"We loved this salad. Personally, I think I would like it even better with canola oil, but my husband enjoyed the flavor of the olive oil. The salad was excellent left over, too!"