Broccoli Tortellini Alfredo
“I indulge my weakness for Fettuccine Alfredo with this trimmer tortellini. It has the same rich flavor without the heaviness,” says Mitzi Sentiff, Annapolis, Maryland. Nutmeg adds a lovely accent to the sauce.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3/4 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 1 envelope Alfredo sauce mix
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding broccoli
- during the last few minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk
- the sauce mix and milk. Add butter and nutmeg; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Drain tortellini and broccoli; place in a large bowl. Stir in the
- Alfredo sauce, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 262 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 919 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.