“I indulge my weakness for Fettuccine Alfredo with this trimmer tortellini. It has the same rich flavor without the heaviness,” says Mitzi Sentiff, Annapolis, Maryland. Nutmeg adds a lovely accent to the sauce.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 3/4 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 1 envelope Alfredo sauce mix
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last few minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the sauce mix and milk. Add butter and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Drain tortellini and broccoli; place in a large bowl. Stir in the Alfredo sauce, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Tortellini Alfredo in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Broccoli Tortellini Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review