Broccoli Tomato Salad Recipe
Garden-fresh tomatoes and broccoli brighten this summertime salad with distinctive flavor and eye-catching color. My homemade dressing mixes up in a jiffy and complements the vegetables. —Marie Hoyer, Hodgenville, Kentucky
- 1 large bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Place broccoli in a large saucepan with 1-inch of water Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss gently. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 2 fat, 1-1/2 vegetable; also, 130 calories, 32 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 8 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 11 gm fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC