- 1 large bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place broccoli in a large saucepan with 1-inch of water Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss gently. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Tomato Salad
"I had used this recipe when it was first featured in Taste of Home. I did make the following adjustments to the recipe as follows: I'd used 6 Italian plum tomatoes & one large sliced onion( red or white or yellow). For the dressing: I'd used 1 packet of Equal sweetener, 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds and 1/4 tsp. Old Bay seasoning. I don't use tarragon vinegar-I've used red wine vinegar instead! If olive oil is not available, I use canola oil! (I've learned to make adjustments on a particular recipe if the ingredient called for isn't available for me!) I didn't have celery seed, so I'd used the poppy seeds & I'd used Old bay seasoning instead of lemon pepper seasoning! For me it worked out! I hadn't had the green onion available, so I'd used one large red or white or yellow onion! This salad was delicious! Thank you, Marie Hoyer, for sharing this recipe! It is a keeper! delowenstein"