Broccoli Tomato Cups Recipe
I had an abundance of tomatoes and broccoli one year, so I began experimenting to see how best I could use both of them. Now this recipe is a family favorite.
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 to 8 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Combine 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato; scoop out pulp and place in a strainer to drain. Place tomatoes upside down on paper towels.
- 2. Cook the broccoli until crisp-tender; drain. Chop tomato pulp and place in a large bowl. Add broccoli, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and remaining crumbs and Parmesan; mix gently.
- 3. Stuff tomatoes; place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 302 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein
Reviews for Broccoli Tomato Cups
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2010
"Very good! I wouldn't change a thing."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC