I had an abundance of tomatoes and broccoli one year, so I began experimenting to see how best I could use both of them. Now this recipe is a family favorite.
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 to 8 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato; scoop out pulp and place in a strainer to drain. Place tomatoes upside down on paper towels.
- Cook the broccoli until crisp-tender; drain. Chop tomato pulp and place in a large bowl. Add broccoli, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and remaining crumbs and Parmesan; mix gently.
- Stuff tomatoes; place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Tomato Cups in Country August/September 1995, p49
Reviews for Broccoli Tomato Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2010
"Very good! I wouldn't change a thing."