Broccoli Tofu Stir-Fry
"I received this recipe from a friend when I was trying to eat more meatless meals," says Louisville, Kentucky's Denise Lee. "Much to my surprise, my family didn't mind the tofu and still ask me to make it all time."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken reduced-fat extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the tofu, onions, ginger,
- garlic and pepper flakes in 3 teaspoons oil until onions are tender.
- Remove and set aside. In the same pan, stir-fry the broccoli
- coleslaw mix in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Combine the peanut butter and teriyaki sauce; stir into coleslaw mix.
- Return tofu mixture to the pan. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 276 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 526 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch,