"I received this recipe from a friend when I was trying to eat more meatless meals," says Louisville, Kentucky's Denise Lee. "Much to my surprise, my family didn't mind the tofu and still ask me to make it all time."
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken reduced-fat extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the tofu, onions, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes in 3 teaspoons oil until onions are tender. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, stir-fry the broccoli coleslaw mix in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Combine the peanut butter and teriyaki sauce; stir into coleslaw mix. Return tofu mixture to the pan. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Tofu Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Broccoli Tofu Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review