Broccoli Timbales with Lemon Sauce Recipe
A unique and special presentation for broccoli, these timbales are real crowd-pleasers. —Kristin Arnett, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- fresh dill sprigs, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup cream and lemon juice; let stand for 1 hour at room temperature. Place the remaining cream in a blender. Add the eggs, egg yolks, cream cheese, 4 tablespoons butter and cheese; cover and process until blended. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; fold in the broccoli, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Spoon 1 cup broccoli mixture into six 6-oz. ramekins. Place cups in a baking pan. Fill pan with boiling water to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. For sauce, combine flour and remaining butter to form a paste. In a large, heavy saucepan, combine the lemon-cream mixture, chicken bouillon and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Whisk butter mixture into cream mixture until smooth and mixture is thickened. Add snipped dill. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 4. Carefully run a knife around the edge of each custard cup to loosen. Arrange on individual serving plates top side up. Spoon sauce around each timbale and garnish with dill sprigs if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 434 calories, 42 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 337 mg cholesterol, 577 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC