I'm always on the lookout for filling but quick-to-prepare side dishes. I spotted this recipe on a package of bread crumbs. It's a tasty way to dress up broccoli spears!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh broccoli spears
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place broccoli and a small amount of water in a saucepan; cover and
- cook until crisp-tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add bread crumbs and toss to coat.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until warmed, about 1 minute. Remove
- from the heat and stir in egg.
- Drain broccoli; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with crumb
- topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 91 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.