I'm always on the lookout for filling but quick-to-prepare side dishes. I spotted this recipe on a package of bread crumbs. It's a tasty way to dress up broccoli spears!
- 1 pound fresh broccoli spears
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place broccoli and a small amount of water in a saucepan; cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add bread crumbs and toss to coat. Cook and stir over medium heat until warmed, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in egg.
- Drain broccoli; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with crumb topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Supreme in Country Woman November/December 1994, p37
Reviews for Broccoli Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review