- bowl, combine the flour, milk and broth until smooth. Stir into
- onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese, basil,
- salt, pepper and reserved broccoli. In a bowl, beat the egg white
- until stiff peaks form. Fold into broccoli mixture.
- Place the tomatoes in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon
- the broccoli mixture into each tomato, mounding in the center. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean and the tops are golden brown.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 tomato) equals 118 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.