Broccoli-Stuffed Sole Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 sole or whitefish fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the broccoli, rice, cheese and half of the butter mixture.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each fillet. Roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining butter mixture over roll-ups.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste with pan drippings; sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 190 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Broccoli-Stuffed Sole
"I thought this was really good. Easy and tasty!! My husband isn't a huge white fish fan, so I don't think he'd be after me to make it again, but he said it was good. The hardest part is rolling and then moving it to the baking dish. Most of the filling fell out. I would then take the fallen filling and try to get more in through the opening on the sides. A little tricky, but worth it. I also used a flavoured rice instead of plain. I think a roasted garlic. Awesome!!"
"This was absolutely the best recipe I have had. My husband totally devoured it and than some. Loved it!!!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.