Broccoli-Stuffed Sole Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 sole or whitefish fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the broccoli, rice, cheese and half of the butter mixture.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each fillet. Roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining butter mixture over roll-ups.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste with pan drippings; sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 stuffed fillet) equals 190 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.