This is one of my favorite light suppers...an easy spur-of-the-moment meal that satisfies even the heartiest appetites.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli, cooked
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 4 to 6 baking potatoes, baked
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and stir to make a smooth
- paste. Stir in milk and cook over low heat until thickened. Add
- mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and cook until melted. Fold
- in broccoli and ham. Serve over hot baked potatoes. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 344 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.