Broccoli-Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
This hearty broccoli-and-cheese potato gets extra flavor from sour cream and fresh dill. Serve it as a side or as a light lunch by itself. To speed up prep, start with a microwaved potato, suggests Fran Scott of Birmingham, Michigan.
- 4 medium baking potatoes (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small skillet, saute broccoli and onion in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. In a large bowl, mash the potato pulp with milk, sour cream, dill, salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in broccoli mixture.
- Stuff into potato shells; sprinkle with cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Stuffed Potatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p48
Reviews for Broccoli-Stuffed Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >