Broccoli-Stuffed Onions Recipe
- 3 large sweet Spanish onions (3 to 4 inches)
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- 1. Peel and halve onions horizontally. Parboil in salted water for 10-12 minutes; drain. Leaving 3/4-in. edges, remove centers. Place onion shells in a greased 1-1/2-qt. shallow baking dish. Chop centers of onions to equals 1 cup. Combine chopped onion, broccoli, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice; spoon into onion shells. In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and salt. Gradually add milk; cook until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and blend in cream cheese. Spoon sauce over onions. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and additional Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli-Stuffed Onions
"Excellant side dish,will make again for sure."