Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine poultry seasoning, pepper, curry powder, garlic powder and salt; sprinkle over chicken. Combine broccoli and cheese; place half in the center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides over filling; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick.
- 2. Place, seam side down, in an 8-in. square baking pan. Add broth. Cover pan loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; baste the chicken with pan juices. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Remove toothpicks before serving. Thicken pan juices for gravy if desired. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 284 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 710mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 43g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken
"Very good taste. Kinda difficult to keep the stuff inside the chicken. Kids even ate it!"
"This was very good, but I will be making a couple adjustments. The curry powder was tasty, but the amount overshadowed the cheese; and the amount of filling was enough to stuff at least 3 pieces of chicken. I couldn't squeeze it all into the two pieces that I had thawed!!"
"Very tasty and easy! I think the gravy would need browning sauce added in order for it to look like the picture."