Broccoli-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine poultry seasoning, pepper, curry powder, garlic powder and salt; sprinkle over chicken. Combine broccoli and cheese; place half in the center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides over filling; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick.
- 2. Place, seam side down, in an 8-in. square baking pan. Add broth. Cover pan loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; baste the chicken with pan juices. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Remove toothpicks before serving. Thicken pan juices for gravy if desired. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and reduced-sodium broth) equals 284 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.