Broccoli Strawberry Salad
“I got this speedy recipe from my friend Marilyn who brings this fresh-tasting salad to potlucks and cookouts. It's usually the first dish to be finished!” writes Emily Robertson from West Peoria, Illinois.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 8 ounces Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk
- the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over broccoli mixture and
- toss to coat. Gently stir in strawberries; sprinkle with almonds.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 297 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.