- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 8 ounces Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Gently stir in strawberries; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Strawberry Salad
Sort By :
Haven't made yet, but sounds yummy. Thinking would be very good with red wine vinegar, also. Might even try in a pita pocket to make it a meal!
Love this salad. I make it for lunch with a small sandwich. I also use light mayo. Next time I make it I will try Splenda. So easy to make!
What a refreshing twist on a broccoli salad. My old standby broccoli included bacon bits, raisins and sunflower seeds, all of which are tasty but add a lot of fat and calories to the salad. I substituted light mayonnaise and Splenda and we couldn't tell the difference. I couldn't add this recipe to my ToH on-line recipe box fast enough!
This is a great recipe, I added a little leftover cooked chicken breast to my salad. I will be making this salad alot this Summer. Excellent!
I made this for a high school youth group get-together and they polished it off. It is simple, quick, and delicious! I WILL make it again!