Broccoli Squash Bake
My grandmother made this when she cooked for our farmhands years ago. I've cut her recipe down to serve fewer people. I like to make this side dish when my garden is bursting with fresh vegetables and into the fall, when the colors and taste blend into the season.
-Mildred Sherrer, Bay City , Texas
2-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, stir-fry broccoli in butter for 3 minutes. Add
- squash. Cook 3 minutes longer or until the vegetables are
- crisp-tender. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small
- bowl, combine the egg, Swiss cheese, milk, mustard and cayenne. Pour
- over vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.