Broccoli Squash Bake Recipe
My grandmother made this when she cooked for our farmhands years ago. I've cut her recipe down to serve fewer people. I like to make this side dish when my garden is bursting with fresh vegetables and into the fall, when the colors and taste blend into the season. -Mildred Sherrer, Bay City , Texas
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, stir-fry broccoli in butter for 3 minutes. Add squash. Cook 3 minutes longer or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the egg, Swiss cheese, milk, mustard and cayenne. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC