Broccoli Squash Bake Recipe
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, stir-fry broccoli in butter for 3 minutes. Add squash. Cook 3 minutes longer or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the egg, Swiss cheese, milk, mustard and cayenne. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 each: 189 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Squash Bake
"I made this casserole with fresh broccoli and squash from the garden. We liked it alot and will make it again."
"Made this dish for Thanksgiving-very colorful, very well received. Mixed well for leftovers with rice pilaf as well. Would definately make this again. Added more cayenne per previous note."
"Could use more seasoning, slightly bland to my taste. My boyfriend loved it though!"