Broccoli Soufflé Dish Recipe
A great way to sneak broccoli into a brunch, light lunch or supper, this curry-flavored side dish from Jane Shapton of Irvine, California is light, airy and beginner-easy.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat a 1-qt. baking dish with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with 2 teaspoons flour; set aside.
- 2. Place broccoli and water in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Place broccoli and lemon juice in a small food processor; cover and process until blended.
- 3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in salt and remaining flour until blended. Gradually whisk in soy milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the broccoli mixture, cilantro and curry.
- 4. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, fold a fourth of the egg whites into broccoli mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg whites until combined.
- 5. Transfer to prepared dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is puffed and center appears set. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 121 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Broccoli Soufflé Dish
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC