Broccoli Slaw with Lemon Dressing Recipe
Our family absolutely loves broccoli, so I'm so happy there's finally a slaw mix in stores that uses broccoli stems. I like this slaw best after 20 minutes or so to allow the flavors to meld. —Donna Marie Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 large red apples, juliennned
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients. Add coleslaw mix and apples; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 79 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC