Broccoli Shrimp Pasta Toss Recipe
"After a long day of shopping, an hour's drive home and another hour putting everything away, I needed to fix something for supper in a hurry," relates Natalie van Viegen of Port Alberni, British Columbia. "I came up with this tasty dish, and my husband and kids ate every bite."
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter and oil until tender. Add broccoli and salt; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 8 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and broccoli is tender.
- 3. Drain pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the broccoli mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC