- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in butter until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the cream cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cheeses are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir the broccoli, shrimp, salt and pepper into cheese sauce; heat through. Drain fettuccine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Broccoli Shrimp Alfredo
"I usually make my Alfredo with heavy cream and fresh parmesan. Tried this one with added parmesan and it was great. Also cheaper using milk instead of heavy cream."
"This was great!"
"This is a great recipe. The only thing is I added romano cheese. I tend to like strong flavors in dishes like this. Thats just what I like. ! Will make this a keeper !!!"
"Awesome--my family loved this!"
"we loved it easy to make"
"This recipe is awesome. My family loved it!!!!"
"It was easy to make and very good."
"An all in one dish, side dish needed. Tastes great."
"I agree that it is not as much like Alfredo sauce as I hoped. I may try it again and use much less cream cheese and way more parmesan."