- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, white pepper and salt until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese. Reduce heat; cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted (sauce will be thick). Remove from heat.
- Add potatoes, ham and broccoli to sauce; stir gently to coat. Transfer to eight greased 8-oz. ramekins.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Scalloped Potatoes
Sort By :
I added some Better Than Broth vegetable ~ and used Havarty cheese instead to give this a little more flavor... Delicious!
It tasted just as delicious as the aroma that filled my house.
This has potential, it's bland as written. I would change the amount of onion first by increasing it to a whole chopped onion. Then I would increase the amount of pepper up to 1/2 tsp. Then I would add about 1 tsp. thyme. I will make this again but keep trying different things to make it more flavorful.