Broccoli Sausage Simmer Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, broccoli and onion over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- 2. Add tomatoes, basil, parsley and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add pasta; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 569 calories, 32 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,394 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.