Broccoli Sausage Breakfast Bake
I'm very involved in 4-H and raise hogs to show at our county fair. I like to share tasty recipes that help promote the pork industry.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup Bisquick® mix
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain and set aside. Add 1 in. of water and broccoli to a
- saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5-8
- minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a greased 9-in. pie plate, layer with sausage, cheese and
- broccoli. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and biscuit mix.
- Pour over broccoli.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 242 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.