Broccoli Salad comes from Jane Hale of Desert Hot Springs, California. "This is a great make-ahead salad," Jane notes. "Keep frozen broccoli in your freezer, and you'll always have the fixings for a quick, delicious salad when company drops in."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut broccoli, thawed and drained
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, relish, sugar, salt and pepper. Add
- celery and green onions; mix well. Add broccoli and toss gently to
- coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 79 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.