Broccoli Salad Supreme Recipe
People can't get enough of the sweet grapes and crunchy broccoli in this colorful salad. I appreciate its make-ahead convenience. —Terri Twyman, Bonanza, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:20 servings
- 10 cups broccoli florets (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 6 cups seedless red grapes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/3 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, grapes, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, gently stir in bacon and almonds. Yield: about 20 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 344 calories, 26 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC