Broccoli Romano Pasta Recipe
This comforting pasta dish is so easy to put together when time is tight. Try Pecorino Romano cheese for a new flavor sensation or toss in some frozen peas to add extra nutrition.—Geri Distefano, Nepean, Ontario
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute broccoli and green onions in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- 3. Drain pasta and add to broccoli mixture; toss with cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 248 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Romano Pasta
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC