Broccoli-Rice Side Dish
"This creamy dish cooks in about 15 minutes, so it's easy to put together before church on potluck Sundays," reports Faye Hintz of Springfield, Missouri.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese spread
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onion
- In a microwave-safe 2-qt. casserole, combine soup, cheese spread,
- rice, milk and pepper. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes
- or until cheese is melted. Stir in broccoli, onion and celery.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes, rotating a half-turn
- once. Sprinkle onions over top; microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 133 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.