"This creamy dish cooks in about 15 minutes, so it's easy to put together before church on potluck Sundays," reports Faye Hintz of Springfield, Missouri.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese spread
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onion
- In a microwave-safe 2-qt. casserole, combine soup, cheese spread, rice, milk and pepper. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in broccoli, onion and celery. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes, rotating a half-turn once. Sprinkle onions over top; microwave on high for 30 seconds. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Rice Side Dish in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p51
Reviews for Broccoli-Rice Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review