Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and broccoli in butter for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the cheese sauce, soup and milk until smooth.
- Place rice in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over rice; do not stir. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Rice Casserole
Sort By :
"I have made this several times and we love it. I do pre-cook the broccoli before since we like our cooked veggies fork-tender, not crisp-tender (except for corn on the cob). This time I used cream of broccoli soup that I happened to have. And I use a cup of Cheez Whiz for the cheese sauce."
"I have used this recipe since it came out in Taste of Home for years. It is a huge family favorite..in fact, I am making it today to take to one of my daughter's friends who just had her wisdom teeth out and needs something yummy but squishy to eat! A definite must try!"
"This was good but not amazing. I didn't have Velveeta so used half a can of cheddar cheese soup, some mayo and some shredded cheese. Then stirred the whole mixture together. It was good but needed salt!"
"This recipe was originally in an Easter edition of Taste of Home Magazine several years ago. I've made it every year since and have had requests for the recipe. This recipe is easy to make and tastes great. I use the boxed block of velveeta."
"I make this, but I use long grain & wild rice, then i layer it, rice, broccoli mix, rice, mix & top it with some shredded cheese (sometimes I use a layer of shredded cheese in between as well!"