Broccoli Rice Casserole
When I was little, serving this dish was the only way my mother could get me to eat broccoli. It’s an excellent recipe to serve anytime, and is especially good with poultry.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and onion to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5
- minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in the broccoli, soup and cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased
- 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or
- until bubbly.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 315 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 832 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.