- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and broccoli in butter for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the cheese sauce, soup and milk until smooth.
- Place rice in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over rice; do not stir. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Rice Casserole
Sort By :
"My family and I loved this recipe but I made some alterations to it. ..i substituted evaporated milk for 2/3 cups of vitamin D (x2), as well as I used "shamys garlic butter" for sauteing the onions and broccoli. I also used velveeta cheese (about 16 cubes) in the sauce as well as I used 1 can of cream of celery(instead of chopped celery) and 1 can of cream of mushroom..oh and I MIXED everything in a souffle dish and topped with the rest of the sauce that was left and with shredded Monterey cheese! It came out very creamy and cheesy but not soupy. My husband and two kids LOVED IT!! There was no left overs!!! I will be making this again!"
"I've made this many times and everyone likes it - even those who don't like broccoli."
"I make my sister make this everything Thanksgiving!! LOVE IT"
"I have made this several times and we love it. I do pre-cook the broccoli before since we like our cooked veggies fork-tender, not crisp-tender (except for corn on the cob). This time I used cream of broccoli soup that I happened to have. And I use a cup of Cheez Whiz for the cheese sauce."
"I have used this recipe since it came out in Taste of Home for years. It is a huge family favorite..in fact, I am making it today to take to one of my daughter's friends who just had her wisdom teeth out and needs something yummy but squishy to eat! A definite must try!"