This hearty casserole is my favorite dish to make for a potluck. With the green of the broccoli and the rich cheese sauce, it's pretty to serve, and it makes a tasty side dish for almost any kind of meat. —Margaret Mayes, La Mesa, California
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and broccoli in butter for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the cheese sauce, soup and milk until smooth.
- Place rice in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Pour cheese mixture over rice; do not stir. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Rice Casserole in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p39
Reviews for Broccoli Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review