Broccoli Rice Bake
We start thinking about creamy casseroles like this when the seasons start to change. It's warming and comforting, plus getting it ready for the oven takes only minutes.—Naomi Cross, Owenton, Kentucky
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts, cooked and drained
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In
- a large bowl, combine the soups, cheese sauce, rice and mushrooms.
- Stir in broccoli and the celery mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 267 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 1,216 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.