We start thinking about creamy casseroles like this when the seasons start to change. It's warming and comforting, plus getting it ready for the oven takes only minutes.—Naomi Cross, Owenton, Kentucky
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts, cooked and drained
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the soups, cheese sauce, rice and mushrooms. Stir in broccoli and the celery mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Rice Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p238
Reviews for Broccoli Rice Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review