We start thinking about creamy casseroles like this when the seasons start to change. It's warming and comforting, plus getting it ready for the oven takes only minutes.—Naomi Cross, Owenton, Kentucky
Recommended: 39 Amazing Ways to Love Whole Grains
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts, cooked and drained
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the soups, cheese sauce, rice and mushrooms. Stir in broccoli and the celery mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Rice Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p238
Reviews for Broccoli Rice Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2011
"Have made several times but I do add an extra 1/2 cup of rice...it's always a hit!"
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2008
"similiar to our broccoli casserole- omit mushrooms"