Broccoli Raisin Salad
For a simple but sensational side dish, I throw together this refreshing salad. I adjusted a friend's recipe to cut a few calories. The raisins add sweetness, and the bacon gives it a nice crunch.Angela Oelschlaeger, Tonganoxie, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (1 medium bunch)
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, raisins and onion. In a small
- bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, vinegar and sugar. Pour over
- broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon. Refrigerate for
- at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 116 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.