- 2 slices day-old Italian bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3-1/2 pounds broccoli rabe
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place bread in a food processor; cover and process until coarse crumbs are formed. In a large skillet, heat butter and 1 teaspoon oil. Add the crumbs, parsley, thyme and lemon peel; cook until toasted. Set aside.
- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Trim 1/2 in. from broccoli rabe stems; discard any coarse or damaged leaves. Rinse broccoli rabe in cold water and cut into 2-in. pieces. Add to boiling water. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add pepper flakes; cook and stir 30 seconds longer. Add the broccoli rabe, cheese, currants and salt; heat through. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with toasted crumbs. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Broccoli Rabe with Tuscan Crumbs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p53
Reviews for Broccoli Rabe with Tuscan Crumbs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >