Broccoli Rabe & Garlic Pasta Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound broccoli rabe
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, trim 1/2 in. from broccoli rabe stems; discard any coarse or damaged leaves. Rinse broccoli rabe in cold water and cut into 2-in. pieces; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the broccoli rabe, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and 1/2 cup broth. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until broccoli rabe is tender. Drain linguine; add to the pan. Stir in parsley and enough remaining broth to moisten the linguine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 428 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Rabe & Garlic Pasta
"Delicious and quick"
"Very different & delicious!"
"This is really good, quick and easy. A few tips: I can never find broccoli rabe. All I can ever find is broccolini. Sometimes it's called "aspiration" ? I think the two vegetables are very similar. Also, my kids and I do not care for spicy foods, so I use 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper. Another thing...I think that 3 cloves of garlic is not enough. I use 4 fairly big cloves. Add salad, and Italian bread and you have a satisfying vegetarian meal."
"I used the regular broccoli and added chicken for a little protein and my husband loved it. I doubled the amount of garlic and crushed red pepper flakes to give it a little kick."
"Very light and tasty."
"Nice side dish. I may try to use all broth & thicken next time for a creamy sauce like texture."
"I used broccoli and all the other ingredients listed and it was really good. The next time I think I will add the shrimp as others have suggested and I may use some cornstarch to thicken the broth."
"Even my picky eater kids cleaned their plate with dish."
"I substituted spinach for the rabe. My husband and I both enjoyed it."
"This a great recipe to cook for church..Aloha fromPearl City, Hawaii"
"This recipe is so easy to make and so delicious, it's a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box. My family absolutely loves it and will be making it every chance we get."
"My italian mom has been making this for years- a family favorite!"
"took the person's hint with the shrimp/what more could I ask for...all 3 of my favorite foods in one dish! thanks for sharing."
"I also used regular broccoli since I couldn't find the rabe and added shrimp and it was terrific!"
"We loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"This was delicious and fast. Everyone ate it. I didn't have rabe and used regular broccoli and it was great."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.