Broccoli Rabe & Garlic Pasta for 2 Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, trim 1/2 in. from broccoli rabe stems; discard any coarse or damaged leaves. Rinse broccoli rabe in cold water and cut into 2-in. pieces; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the broccoli rabe, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and 1/2 cup broth. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until broccoli rabe is tender. Drain linguine; add to the pan. Stir in parsley and enough remaining broth to moisten the linguine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 429 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.