Broccoli Rabe & Garlic Pasta for 2 Recipe
“I created this because I needed a quick entrée with few ingredients. The garlic flavored oil makes the rapini less bitter, and with toasted garlic, it's a great dish.” —Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, trim 1/2 in. from broccoli rabe stems; discard any coarse or damaged leaves. Rinse broccoli rabe in cold water and cut into 2-in. pieces; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the broccoli rabe, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and 1/2 cup broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until broccoli rabe is tender. Drain linguine; add to the pan. Stir in parsley and enough remaining broth to moisten the linguine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Rabe & Garlic Pasta for 2 in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Broccoli Rabe & Garlic Pasta for 2(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >