- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 pound broccoli rabe
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, trim 1/2 in. from broccoli rabe stems; discard any coarse or damaged leaves. Rinse broccoli rabe in cold water and cut into 2-in. pieces; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the broccoli rabe, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and 1/2 cup broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until broccoli rabe is tender. Drain linguine; add to the pan. Stir in parsley and enough remaining broth to moisten the linguine. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Broccoli Rabe & Garlic Pasta
Sort By :
"Delicious and quick"
"Very different & delicious!"
"Awesome! I used regular broccoli, instead of broccoli rabe. It's really spicy, but really yummy! It's a keeper :D"
"This is really good, quick and easy. A few tips: I can never find broccoli rabe. All I can ever find is broccolini. Sometimes it's called "aspiration" ? I think the two vegetables are very similar. Also, my kids and I do not care for spicy foods, so I use 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper. Another thing...I think that 3 cloves of garlic is not enough. I use 4 fairly big cloves. Add salad, and Italian bread and you have a satisfying vegetarian meal."